Monday, October 2, 2017

October 1-8, 2017

















 Daily Devotional Guide

October 1st-8th, 2017



https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c8/e6/04/c8e604903e15f5a19f7076d9fb5a6305--batman-begins-take-action.jpg

PRAYERS
MORNING
Father of the dawning day, I come to awaken in prayer to your presence, and power.
I am destroyed by your love for me and the beauty that surrounds me.
I await the blessings of your grace and forgiveness that I may live more immersed in love. Amen

READINGS FOR REFLECTION
Use an additional resource like the Upper Room or any devotionals you prefer.
devotional.upperroom.org/

How many times do we tell ourselves that we need to: exercise, eat better, get more sleep, read, etc…… and we stall right there? We know thinking about exercise will not make us more fit. We must do the exercise. As Christians, it is not enough to claim our Christianity. We must be Christians. We must pray, study, share, and live in grace. We get caught up in other things and give God only a passing glance. Being Christian is about being transformed daily to love deeper, and greater and more fully and doing the work to love, forgive, and accept others like God does for us.


DAILY SCRIPTURE READING



Daily One Year Bible Reading
Daily Chronological Bible Reading

VIRTUES FOR PRAYER EACH DAY OF THE WEEK:

love of God (Sunday), 
love of neighbor (Monday), 
humility (Tuesday), 
self-denial (Wednesday and Friday), 
resignation and meekness (Thursday), 
and thanksgiving (Saturday). 

Heitzenrater, Richard P. (2013-08-20). Wesley and the People Called Methodists: Abingdon Press. Kindle Edition.

WAITING UPON THE LORD SILENT OR WRITTEN

* Find your quiet center, empty your mind, and be present to hear the voice
of God. Color, write in a journal, listen to music, use prayer beads to help
your focus. Concentrate upon what God is calling you to understand,
change, make, explore…...

BENEDICTION
The day ahead holds the power of adventure and promise.
I pray Lord, that the blessings and graces of this day inspire
my gratitude and a devotion of my love to you seen through
how I love and serve your people, Amen.

DAYTIME
Set a reminder to pray throughout the day.
Embrace the breath of prayer, release your burdens, be thankful.

God of blessing and strength I thank you for my opportunities,
and work. I thank you for the ideas, and stamina I receive through
faith to do the work of this day. I give you my fears and worries,
and the shortcomings of my pride, and self-focused concerns.
I submit them to you and seek the horizon of peace.
I seek your divine perspective of love and gratefulness as
I continue through the day. Remind me to focus on love and
understanding of others despite myself and my own desires.

EVENING

Questions for Day that has Past

  1. Did I take time to be in prayer with God and to be thankful for his mercies and blessings?
  2. What are my goals tomorrow to be more connected to the Divine?
  3. Did I in some way share the beauty of God to others through my words or actions?
  4. Was I generous with my time and resources?
  5. Did I challenge myself in faith?
  6. Did I grow in love for God and others today?
  7. Did I extend the forgiveness that I desire to receive?
  8. Did I take time to be present and enjoy all God has provided?
  9. Did I sing, be creative, or dedicate some act of praise to God?

WAITING UPON THE LORD SILENT OR WRITTEN*

BENEDICTION
Creator and sustainer, as your design of velvet darkness and gentle silence takes over
the light I pray to you. As the work of the world and of the body transform to rest
I give you all my worries and stresses. I confess my disappointments in myself and
the unrealized expectations of others. I settle into your mighty Spirit that is my
comfort and my peace and trust your Word of sustaining grace. As I sleep bring rest
and restoration to my mind and body, that I may rise to the new beginnings
of tomorrow with everlasting faith and promise. Amen


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home