Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Daily Devotional Guide
November 26-December 3, 2017




Homeless Jesus


VISIO DIVINA 
is meditative/prayer practice that opens the heart and soul to connect with God through images. Take time to study this image and consider what the Holy Spirit is communicating to you through shape, feeling, light and texture.
How does this picture connect you to Matthew 25:31-46? How does the play of light, texture, content speak to you? Is God showing you something in this image that is relevant to your life today? Is faith, joy, mercy, justice, God, Christ, Spirit witnessed to in this image? What might you do if you came along this sculpture?

Prayer

MORNING
     Gracious Lord of frosted blades and steely sky, I lift my prayers to you this morning. I imagine these holy moments rising upon the wind like wisps of breath made seen in winter cold. I give to you the winter of my soul and urge your grace to thaw my doubts and center my day in love and beauty Amen.

READINGS FOR REFLECTION
Use an additional resource like the Upper Room or any devotionals you prefer.

Advent
     We begin a new Christian year this Sunday November 26th. We also celebrate the church season of Advent. The four weeks leading up to Christmas. We wait and remember the gift of God that he gave through self. I think sometimes that is the hardest gift to understand, and to reciprocate. If I present my authentic self, say what I truly understand to be true, will I be loved? The answer for God and ourselves is not necessarily. Some choose to reject Christ and the grace held within that gift. We also know we will be rejected as well. But! The gift we treasure and those who treasure God, Christ, and Holy Spirit with us are the kingdom of love and peace that others will try to buy this our society’s season of Christmas.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
You may also like Lectio Divina a focused reading and meditation of scripture.  Audio Lectio   http://alivenow.upperroom.org/audio-lectio/

Chronological Bible 
One Year Bible

Virtues for Prayer Each Day of The Week:

love of God- Sunday                  self-denial -Wednesday and Friday
love of neighbor -Monday          resignation and meekness -  Thursday
humility -Tuesday                      and thanksgiving - Saturday
                                                          Heitzenrater, Richard P. (2013-08-20). Wesley and the People

ABIDING IN THE SPIRIT
           * Find your quiet center, empty your mind, and be present to hear the voice
       of God. Color, write in a journal, listen to music, use prayer beads to help
       your focus. Concentrate upon what God is calling you to understand,
       change, make, explore…...

BENEDICTION
    God of silent love, I end this time of prayer reluctant to leave your presence.
 I tear myself away from your comfort and peace and place my day within your hands.
Cloak me in your love and power to live this day in fulness and passion to your gift
of Christ and my joy to share my love of you. Amen
   
DAYTIME 
Set a reminder to pray throughout the day. Embrace the breath of prayer,
release your burdens, be thankful. Recall today’s readings, the Visio Divina
and meditate upon them and how they are affecting your day.

    My Lord of peace, and inner strength I embrace your presence and seek your voice. Reach within me and remove all the seeds of wasted worry and stress. Plant within me the thoughts of hope and faith. Empower my day with your joy and the confidence of being your child born in grace. Amen


EVENING

     Master of the fading light and brightening stars I seek you in prayer to hear your challenges. Awake my inner awareness in faith to transform in your love to become more loving. Hold me accountable to the changes I need to make and remind me of your loving purpose to shape me, my life, my actions to be love. Amen


Questions for Day that has Past 
It is important to reflect upon our day and where we may be more present in our faith and expressive in sharing God’s grace. These questions are in response to what God begins within us. God is the force we respond to. God is first. We live in response to his love given through Christ.

Did I love God in prayer with thankfulness and openness?
How will I love God more tomorrow?
Did I love others and share the beauty of God?
Was I generous with my time and resources?
Did I grow in faith?
Did I grow in love for God and others today?
Did I extend the forgiveness of Christ that I desire to receive?
Did I take time to appreciate all God has provided?
Did I love God through creative praise?

ABIDING IN THE SPIRIT*

BENEDICTION
     Father of my faith, provider of grace and power, creator of forgiveness and redemption through your gift of self found in Christ. I place before you the challenges, and the failures this day has contained. I turn from the words and actions that harmed others, myself, you. I yearn for a new day free from the weight of sorrow and regret. I pray your forgiveness and seek rest and comfort. Bring me peace as I sleep that I may awaken to your will and love. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home