Thursday, November 30, 2017


Daily Devotional Guide
December 3-10th, 2017






VISIO DIVINA 
is meditative/prayer practice that opens the heart and soul to connect with God through images.
Take time to study this image and consider what the Holy Spirit is communicating to you
through shape, feeling, light and texture.
How does this picture connect you to Genesis 1, John 1?
 How does the play of light, texture, content speak to you?
 Is God showing you something in this image that is relevant to your life today?
As we begin this time of Advent what does the candle represent to you? What about the snuffed reflection?


Prayer

MORNING
     The world begins in winter silence.
The trees outstretch their skeletal limbs waiting
as sentries for the spring. I begin this day
with hands outstretched
my own sentry of your abiding grace. Amen.



READINGS FOR REFLECTION
Use an additional resource like the Upper Room or any devotionals you prefer.

"There is not enough darkness in all the world
to put out the light of even one small candle." --Robert Alden

"There are two ways of spreading light:
to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." --Edith Wharton


DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
You may also like Lectio Divina a focused reading and meditation of scripture.


  
 Virtues for Prayer Each Day of The Week:

love of God- Sunday                  self-denial -Wednesday and Friday
love of neighbor -Monday          resignation and meekness -  Thursday
humility -Tuesday                      and thanksgiving - Saturday
                                                          Heitzenrater, Richard P. (2013-08-20). Wesley and the People

ABIDING IN THE SPIRIT
           * Find your quiet center, empty your mind, and be present to hear the voice
       of God. Color, write in a journal, listen to music, use prayer beads to help
       your focus. Concentrate upon what God is calling you to understand,
       change, make, explore…...

BENEDICTION
    Father of new beginnings and forgiveness.
Guide my path and place before me those who need your light.
 May I reflect the light to those whom have lost the flame of your abiding grace. Amen
  
DAYTIME
Set a reminder to pray throughout the day. Embrace the breath of prayer,
release your burdens, be thankful. Recall today’s readings, the Visio Divina
and meditate upon them and how they are affecting your day.

    Lord of blessing and wondrous moments, I come to rest in your presence.
I come to focus on love and loveliness, beauty and being beautiful.
I empty myself of all the darkness this day has placed upon my heart
that I may extend your love and beauty to those around me. Amen

EVENING

     Master of time, space, creator of love and provider of all good things
I come in faithfulness and in weariness. I seek your grace to sustain me
and reach deep within every corner of my soul. Brighten the corners of loneliness,
 regret, frustration, sadness, that snuff the light of grace.
 Lead me in your truth that I may reflect your light of Christ. Amen


Questions for Day that has Past 
It is important to reflect upon our day and where we may be more present in our faith
 and expressive in sharing God’s grace. These questions are in response
to what God begins within us. God is the force we respond to.
God is first. We live in response to his love given through Christ.

Did I love God in prayer with thankfulness and openness?
How will I love God more tomorrow?
Did I love others and share the beauty of God?
Was I generous with my time and resources?
Did I grow in faith?
Did I grow in love for God and others today?
Did I extend the forgiveness of Christ that I desire to receive?
Did I take time to appreciate all God has provided?
Did I love God through creative praise?

ABIDING IN THE SPIRIT*

BENEDICTION
     Voice of my heart and life, sing to me the beauty of your love.
Strike the light of hope that frees my soul that I may echo your song.
 I praise you and worship you and kneel in humility to the gift
of your selfless love found in Christ. I pray to rest in your peace

that I may arise renewed and bright to sing of your love and light. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home