Friday, February 16, 2018

Daily Devotion Guide February 18-25




Daily Devotional Guide
February 18-25, 2018
1Corinthians 13


VISIO DIVINA 
is meditative/prayer practice that opens the heart and soul to connect with
God through images. How does this image speak to you about faith, purpose?
Reading 1 Corinthians 13 the first description of love is patient.
what impressions come to you in relationship to this image.
What does this picture bring to your mind about patience?
Is the hourglass a positive or negative symbol of time?
How do describe God’s patience, your patience, what the
scripture reveals about patience?

Prayer

MORNING
Father in this winter morning you paint your world with black ink
on white paper. The images blur and soften in the smudgy light of
gauzy fog. Open my heart to the beauty of this day in its stark simplicity
and quiet purpose. I praise this day of gray shadows and droplet skies as
your gift of blessing and artistry. Guide in my devotions, readings,
and prayers to know you more deeply
and fully so that I can love grandly in the world. Amen


READINGS FOR REFLECTION
Use an additional resource like the Upper Room or any devotionals you prefer.

Fog Tag
Growing up in southern California the fog would roll in off the
ocean and cover the school playground in an unyielding cloud cover. In my memory
we could see only a few feet within the hanging mist.
We would play tag running into view only to be swallowed up only a few steps later.
The fog places us into a position of trust.
It is hard to navigate with little sight to what is ahead.
Our faith journeys remind us our need for God
and that we must rely on his guidance to see what is before us.
What I focused on the last few days was the call of God through Moses.
Come and know the Lord your God. A physical
 and organizational journey into the unknow.
In this our faith history God presented himself
as a cloud on Mt. Sinai and as a cloud that led the people during
the day as they walked the wilderness.
Once the Tabernacle/ Tent of presence was constructed the
 cloud remained within the tent. God’s presence was unreachable,
holy, set apart from the people. Through Jesus that separation has ended.
We are in the midst of God’s abiding presence. We are surrounded by
and infused with the Holy Spirit.
We are surrounded within the cloud of God’s presence.
All his people, nature, creation is held within the power of the mist of grace.
May you know God’s presence today in beauty and grace. Ann

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
You may also like Lectio Divina a focused reading and meditation of scripture. 



Virtues for Prayer Each Day of The Week:
love of God- Sunday                 
love of neighbor -Monday         
humility -Tuesday                      
self-denial -Wednesday and Friday
resignation and meekness -  Thursday
and thanksgiving - Saturday 
 Heitzenrater, Richard P. (2013-08-20). Wesley and the People Called Methodists

ABIDING IN THE SPIRIT
           * Find your quiet center, empty your mind, and be present
to hear the voice of God. Color, write in a journal, listen to music,
use prayer beads to help your focus. Concentrate upon what God
 is calling you to understand, change, make, explore…...

Sending Prayer
Lord, you bless me. I am full
encouraged and loved through your
grace and spirit. Guide my work.
my thoughts, my actions to be loving
and selfless. Keep me challenged to
see, know, and extend your love. Amen
    
DAYTIME
Set a reminder to pray throughout the day.
Embrace the breath of prayer, release your burdens,
be thankful. Recall today’s readings, the Visio Divina and
meditate upon them and how they are affecting your day.


PRAYER
with great purpose and in other moments I
wander.  Bring to me Father the affirmations
and drive to do the work and ministry before me.
Awaken me to all that surrounds me that I may respond to
all your beauty with love. Amen


EVENING

Questions for Day that has Past 
It is important to reflect upon our day and where we may be more present
in our faith and more expressive in sharing what
 we know of God’s grace with others.
These questions are in response to what God begins within us.
God is the force to which we respond God is first.
We live in response to his love given through Christ.

Did I love God in prayer with thankfulness and openness?
How will I love God more tomorrow?
Did I love others and share the beauty of God?
Was I generous with my time and resources?
Did I grow in faith?
Did I grow in love for God and others today?
Did I extend the forgiveness of Christ that I desire to receive?
Did I take time to appreciate all God has provided?
Did I love God through creative praise?


ABIDING IN THE SPIRIT*

Father of quiet night and winter stars,
I thank you for the gift of this day. I confess
my disappointments, my failings, and weakness.
I pray for you to see the beauty of my life and
where I have tried to be that loving sacrifice
I vow to be. Guide my rest as I sleep, bring
me gentle dreams, that I may arise in strength
to serve you well tomorrow. Amen



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home