Thursday, February 1, 2018

February 4th-11th, 2018 Mark 1:29-39


Daily Devotional Guide
February 4th-11th, 2018
Mark 1:29-39






  

VISIO DIVINA 
is meditative/prayer practice that opens the heart and soul to connect with God through images.
How does this image speak to you about faith, purpose? Reading Mark 1:29-39 what impressions
come to you in relationship to this image. Can you place yourself in this picture?
What feelings do you get from this picture? What do you think God is revealing to you?

Prayer

MORNING
Father of my faith and trust, you create each day new and unlike
any other. I breath in and experience that spiritual breath that
through Christ and Spirit connects me with you. I pray that I face
this day as an unfolding wonder of your grace, love, and artistry.
I pray to see you within and through every moment. Cleanse my
heart that I may witness in fullness your presence and joy. That joy
that leads me to serve you through mercy and compassion to your
children. Amen

READINGS FOR REFLECTION
Use an additional resource like the Upper Room or any devotionals you prefer.

Healed
Jesus continues his healing spree in Mark 1: 29-39.
First Jesus heals Peter’s mom and then the community as
they gather around Jesus to be healed and freed from demons.
Demons-we can agree that whether you believe in the nasty
spirits that invade people, or they represent superstitious
misunderstanding about the human body and illness, or
they are a manifestation of the ugly parts of our sinful
nature, they need to be dealt with. This scripture indicates
that it is through faith, and Christ that this is realized.
We all have personal demons, bad habits, addictions,
emotional scars, and frustrations. It is through faith
that healing is realized. It was in community that Christ
healed them. There is no shame in needing help to
find peace of mind and wholeness in life. The shame
is to go on suffering. Blessed be the power of Divine
Love to cast out the demons that weigh upon us
and drive us away from Christ. May the power
of God bring us home to peace and love. Ann


DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
You may also like Lectio Divina a focused reading and meditation of scripture. 


Virtues for Prayer Each Day of The Week:

love of God- Sunday                 
love of neighbor -Monday         
humility -Tuesday                     
self-denial -Wednesday and Friday
resignation and meekness -  Thursday
and thanksgiving - Saturday 
 Heitzenrater, Richard P. (2013-08-20). Wesley and the People Called Methodists

ABIDING IN THE SPIRIT
           * Find your quiet center, empty your mind, and be present
to hear the voice of God. Color, write in a journal, listen to music,
use prayer beads to help your focus. Concentrate upon what God
 is calling you to understand, change, make, explore…...

Sending Prayer
God you are my guide and strength. As I set
out into this day I know you are always with me.
you strengthen, challenge, and bring me peace.
Lead me in your light that I reflect your love
throughout this day of your blessing. Amen
    
DAYTIME
Set a reminder to pray throughout the day.
Embrace the breath of prayer, release your burdens,
be thankful. Recall today’s readings, the Visio Divina
and meditate upon them and how they are affecting your day.

PRAYER
Father, I pause and stop to behold this day
of your creation. I rest in prayer and examine
my faith and response to your grace. I set aside
my desires to lead you, and instead claim the
honor to be led by you. Your corrections are
my guide and strength. All praise to you. Amen

EVENING

Questions for Day that has Past 
It is important to reflect upon our day and where we may be more present
in our faith and more expressive in sharing what we know of God’s grace with others.
These questions are in response to what God begins within us.
God is the force to which we respond
God is first. We live in response to his love given through Christ.

Did I love God in prayer with thankfulness and openness?
How will I love God more tomorrow?
Did I love others and share the beauty of God?
Was I generous with my time and resources?
Did I grow in faith?
Did I grow in love for God and others today?
Did I extend the forgiveness of Christ that I desire to receive?
Did I take time to appreciate all God has provided?
Did I love God through creative praise?

ABIDING IN THE SPIRIT*

Prayer
Lord of heaven and earth, you are the father
of beginnings. To begin we must end. As this day
ends so that new experiences, challenges, and blessings
may grow I submit into your loving grace. I breathe into
your peace and comfort and feel your presence upon me.
I pray to you for my failures in this day. Forgive me
for my selfishness, my reluctance, my doubts. Forgive
me for my anger, impatience, and when I ignored your
grace and failed to forgive. I prepare to sleep and be
renewed that with the rising sun I will arise in greater

faith and live as one worthy of the name Christian.   Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home