Wednesday, June 6, 2018

June 10th -17th

Morning Prayer
Father of beginnings, of new starts, of this awakening day, I come before you in prayer and thanksgiving. I open myself to your Word, your will, your way. Guide me in your grace to learn, to grow, to share, to become love. Amen

READINGS FOR REFLECTION
Use an additional resource like the Upper Room or any devotionals you prefer

Jeopardy

The game show Jeopardy reminds me of those moments when we are called to resolve problems, act quickly, and figure out what is happening in our lives. All the categories of the game seem strange at times and hard to figure out. When we hear an example we than understand what the question is.
We all have the ability to compartmentalize our thoughts, actions, or opinions depending upon the context we are in. This all works well because we as people are many layered. That is until we hit a conflict, do something, or stray away from whom we really are. Then we are in jeopardy with a moral or internal schism that can tear us apart.
Our scripture speaks of these events on a church, family, and personal level. We learn that those things that attempt to divide us within ourselves and separate us from God are all forgivable.
Denying the power of God is another category. There is only one question here. What will God never forgive?

VISIO DIVINA 
is meditative/prayer practice that opens the heart and soul to connect with
God through images.

As you look at this image contemplate how the scripture speaks to you.
What feelings do you encounter viewing this image?
What is God revealing to you?
What are you called to do?


https://society6.com/product/a-kernel-of-inspiration-amidst-inner-turmoil_stretched-canvas?sku=s6-4630650p16a6v28



Virtues to Guide Your Week
Consider what you can do to live out each virtue this week. 
How can you love your neighbor?
How will you deny yourself? How will you be thankful?


love of God- Sunday
love of neighbor -Monday
humility -Tuesday  self-denial -Wednesday and Friday
resignation and meekness -  Thursday
and thanksgiving - Saturday
Heitzenrater, Richard P. (2013-08-20). Wesley and the People Called Methodists



DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
You may also like Lectio Divina a focused reading and meditation of scripture.

One Year Bible

ABIDING IN THE SPIRIT
           * Find your quiet center, empty your mind, and be present to hear the voice of God. Color, write in a journal, listen to music, use prayer beads to help your focus. Concentrate upon what God is calling you to understand, change, make, explore…

Lord, you are the guardian of my soul. Watch me, tend, me, and lead me in grace today. Inspire love to be my focus. My love for you, for Christ, for your Spirit, and your people. Mold me in your loving light of grace. Amen


DAYTIME
Set a reminder to pray throughout the day. Embrace the breath of prayer, release your burdens, be thankful. Recall today’s readings, the Visio Divina and meditate upon them and how they are affecting your day.


DAYTIME PRAYER
Provider of breath, bread, body, I boldly enter your presence. I separate myself from the demands of work, and family and embrace this experience of your peace. Infuse me and enfold me with your grace that strengthens and comforts my soul. Amen

EVENING

Questions for Day that has Past 
It is important to reflect upon our day and where we may be more present in our faith and more expressive in sharing what we know of God’s grace with others. These questions are in response to what God begins within us is the force to which we respond.  We live in response to his love given through Christ.

Did I grow in my disciplines to prayer, scripture, and devotion to God?
Did I in some way put God and others before myself in how I lived today?
Did I live out the virtue of this day?
Did I love better today? What do I regret today?
What will be my goal for tomorrow?

ABIDING IN THE SPIRIT*

EVENING PRAYER
Master of life and every moment. I think of this day and all it contained. The beautiful sights and experiences that squeezed my soul with gratitude and splendor. The moments of regret, frustration, and cruelty that shadowed my soul in darkness. I think of the moments of routine that are your gift of movement and ability. I think of the inspirations, ideas, challenges, and thoughts that teach me to love more deeply. I hand the day given back to you Lord. Wipe away the darkness that gathered, forgive me, and strengthen me in your grace to live with beauty and love. I pray for all who struggle, grant them peace. For all who hate, love.
For the bold, humility. The liar, truth. The questioning, answers. The fearful, comfort. The sick, healing. And for the tired, sleep.

All praise, and honor I give you, Lord of life, grace, spirit- Jesus. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home