Friday, July 6, 2018

God's Power

Devotional GuideJuly 8-15Th

Morning

Prayer

Morning light and dawning day, I reach out my soul to our creator. I open my inner spaces to the love of God and the power of faith to trust in and be consumed by His grace. Lord, bring to me awareness, discernment, and direction as I pray. Heal me, inspire me, challenge me in life. That I may be transformed into love and action. Amen

Readings for Reflection

Use an additional resource like the Upper Room or any devotionals you prefer.

God's Power  Mark 6: 1-13 
Tell me I am not alone. You have been there, right? You are being tested. Spelling, math, science, driving test …..
you feel a little queezy, and your heart beats faster, and doubt sweeps over every inch of your body. Judgment. All I am and what others think of me and my abilities are wrapped up in this moment.  That is if we rely solely upon ourselves.
The last three weeks have been exploring our trust in God. Our faith is a gift that aligns us to believe in all God can do.
Mark introduces us to the disciples' test of faith. The disciples are vulnerable with no extra clothes, and no extra money. Their quest requires complete trust in God’s power to provide, lead, and empower them to speak and teach others in faith.
It is not what we can do. It is what God can do through us. Take a deep breath. God’s got this.

Visio Divina 

is a meditative/prayer practice that opens the heart and soul to connect with God through images.



https://wallpapercave.com/1680-x-1050-hd 1
 
 



What does this image say to you about God’s power? 
Do you find this image comforting, or scary?
Thinking about our faith as trust in the power of God do your feelings about this image change?
Consider what God is leading you to understand about faith,
salvation, love, and yourself.

Daily Scripture Reading

You may also like Lectio Divina a focused reading and meditation of scripture.

Abiding in The Spirit

           * Find your quiet center, empty your mind, and be present to hear the voice of God. Color, write in a journal, listen to music, use prayer beads to help your focus. Concentrate upon what God is calling you to understand, change, make, explore

 

Virtues to Live by

Consider what you can do to live out each virtue this week. How will you    love God, neighbor, self more each day?

LOVE GOD,                         LOVE NEIGHBOR
HUMILITY                         SELF- CONTROL
GENTLENESS                   GRATITUDE

What does it mean to love God? Think about your healthy relationships. Trust, vulnerability, appreciation, openness, and a desire to work together are a few qualities of a healthy connection. Think of areas you need to improve upon in your relationship with God and love your creator more deeply

Sending Prayer
Lord and father of all that I am, guide me in this day. Uphold me my defeats, love me through my doubts, encourage me in my sorrows. Celebrate with me the victories of this day. Challenge me to compassion, service, and to focus on other’s that I may grow in grace and love. Amen

Afternoon

Set a reminder to pray throughout the day. Embrace the breath of prayer, release your burdens, be thankful. Recall today’s readings, the Visio Divina and meditate upon them and how they are affecting your day

Prayer
Prayer God of energy, of peace, of focus, I pause in this moment to embrace your Spirit within me. Align my heart and energy to your purpose, direct me in love, challenge me in grace to grow in understanding of myself and others. Amen

Evening
To grow in faith and understanding of God, ourselves, and others it helps to evaluate ourselves, hold ourselves accountable, challenge ourselves. In your personal growth in faith and Christian action evaluate how you lived in love of God, others, and self  today.

Prayer                  Scripture             Service Compassion
Worship              Forgiveness       Commitment    Repentance

Abiding in The Spirit*


PRAYER
Father of the night of sounds, breezes, and summer sweetness, thank you for all the beauty of this day. All the glory of this world. All the experiences of love, and those of growth. I lay down to rest in sleep. Vulnerable to dreams and the night I place myself within your unending grace and love. Amen



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home