Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Out of The Crowd

July 1st-July 8th

Morning

Prayer
Lord of love and saving grace, you know me, all of me.
You know my loves, my losses, my pain, my joy. Lead me
into your Spirit and brighten the shadows, tend my wounds,
and set my face to seek your light within all my prayer
and understanding your Word. Amen

Readings for Reflection
Use an additional resource like the Upper Room or any devotionals you prefer

Out of The Crowd     Mark 5:21-43    

Being part of a crowd can be energizing with the joy of others joining in celebration. A dynamic speaker can erupt motivation and cooperation for a crowd to tackle injustices. Music can inspire an audience to share emotionally the meaning and heart of a song. Being part of a crowd can be freeing in its anonymity. Being part of a crowd can also be damaging, restrictive, and negatively pervasive.
Tune into your parent’s voice of following all the kids off the cliff, or their warnings that you are heading for trouble. Our scripture describes a crowd following Jesus unaware of their need to reach out to him, to have faith and be healed. They are unaware of the cliff before them or their need to change. There is a woman desperate to live beyond the crowd’s judgment, its ostracism, and cruelty. Her desire to belong and be healed propels her courage to touch Jesus. She is healed and cleansed. She can choose to belong to the crowd. But will she?

Visio Divina 
is meditative/prayer practice that opens the heart and soul to connect with God through images.
 As you look at this image contemplate how the scripture speaks to you. Mark 5:21-43    
What feelings do you encounter viewing this image?  What is God revealing to you?
 Do you need to reach out to Jesus?

        Daily Scripture Reading
           You may also like Lectio Divina a focused reading and meditation of scripture.
       Audio Lectio
       One Year Bible
         Abiding in The Spirit
           * Find your quiet center, empty your mind, and be present to hear the voice of God. Color, write in a journal, listen to music, use                prayer beads to help your focus. Concentrate upon what God is calling you to understand, change, make, explore
         Virtues to Guide Your Week 
          Consider what you can do to live out each virtue this week. How can you love your neighbor? How will you deny yourself? How will you be thankful?
             love of God- Sunday
          love of neighbor -Monday
          humility -Tuesday
          self-denial -Wednesday and Friday
         resignation and meekness -  Thursday
         and thanksgiving - Saturday 
            Heitzenrater, Richard P. (2013-08-20). Wesley and the People Called Methodist
Sending Prayer
Father of mercy and compassion your Spirit enfolds me and brings me comfort. Send me forth in your guiding light and in joy of my salvation. Bring to my eyes the beauty of your blessings and love.  Set me upon the path of selfless love and growth in faith to your power. Sift the waste from my being that I may behold the jewels of this day. Amen

         Afternoon   Set a reminder to pray throughout the day. Embrace the breath of prayer, release your burdens, be thankful. Recall today’s readings, the Visio Divina and meditate upon them and how they are affecting your day.


Prayer
Father of peace find my heart. I set myself in prayer to your voice and power. Reset my path to walk in love and turn from those frustrations and pressures that lead me from your grace. Bring to my heart the jewels I have already experienced today and hold their wonder and beauty in my soul. Reveal the power of grace and love to overcome the negatives and fears of human life. Amen

Evening Questions for Day that has Past   It is important to reflect upon our day and where we may be more present in our faith and more expressive in sharing what we know of God’s grace with others. These questions are in response to what God begins within us God is the force to which we respond.We live in response to his love given through Christ.

Did I grow in my disciplines to prayer, scripture, and devotion to God?
Did I in some way put God and others before myself in how I lived today?
Did I live out the virtue of this day?
Did I love better today? What do I regret today?
What will be my goal for tomorrow?

Abiding in The Spirit*

PRAYER

God of glory and mercy, your presence surrounds me in love and compassion. Forgive my moments of selfishness and ugliness. I desperately desire to grow in your grace to be a person focused only upon your power and your people. Bring me the sleep of restoration that empowers my soul to live courageously in the new day. Amen 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home