Wednesday, December 6, 2017


Daily Devotional Guide
December 10-17th, 2017






  

http://www.abc.net.au/cm/rimage/6868864-16x9-large.jpg?v=4

VISIO DIVINA 
is meditative/prayer practice that opens the heart and soul to connect with God through images.
Take time to study this image and consider what the Holy Spirit is communicating
to you through shape, feeling, light and texture.
How does this picture connect you to John 3:5-8?
How does the play of light, texture, content speak to you?
 Is God showing you something in this image that is relevant to your life today?
In this time of Advent what does the wind represent to you? The girl and tree?

Prayer
MORNING
     Dawn of day and holy grace silent upon the morning gray
reaches toward soul and life. I awaken my awareness in presence
and trust to the gentle breeze of spirit and truth.
Lord your abiding love is the robe that banishes the
whipping darkness and brings warmth to my life.
I am in prayer to you, love me, direct me, stir up my imaginings
of grace, and inspire my devotion and love as
I live in your spirit that I may become ever aware of your grace. Amen

READINGS FOR REFLECTION
Use an additional resource like the Upper Room or any devotionals you prefer.


Bat Kites
As a child my favorite kite was the bat kite. It always flew, and it had sticker eyes
 that each discerning child placed on the black plastic themselves.
It would soar and move right and left with the angled pull of the string
and then dive only to rise and soar again. I think of our scripture from
the voice translation of John 3:8 “The wind* blows all around us as if it has
a will of its own; we feel and hear it, but we do not understand where
it has come from or where it will end up.
Life in the Spirit is as if it were the wind of God”
Life lived in the wind of God. Soaring and dipping to soar again.
Life in motion upheld in unseen forces that provide
the power and sustaining love of grace.



DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
You may also like Lectio Divina
a focused reading and meditation of scripture. 


  
  Virtues for Prayer Each Day of The Week:

love of God- Sunday                  
love of neighbor -Monday         
humility -Tuesday                      
self-denial -Wednesday and Friday                                                      
resignation and meekness -  Thursday
and thanksgiving – Saturday
Heitzenrater, Richard P. (2013-08-20). Wesley and the People

ABIDING IN THE SPIRIT
           * Find your quiet center, empty your mind, and be present to hear the voice
       of God. Color, write in a journal, listen to music, use prayer beads to help
       your focus. Concentrate upon what God is calling you to understand,
       change, make, explore…...

BENEDICTION
    Lord of life awaken me to this day of grace and love.
Open my heart to view all the blessings known and unexpected.
 Focus my day on others, their needs, their loves,
through your holy spirit that
I may be centered only in your love. Amen
  
DAYTIME
Set a reminder to pray throughout the day. Embrace the breath of prayer,
release your burdens, be thankful. Recall today’s readings, the Visio Divina
and meditate upon them and how they are affecting your day.

    Breath of quiet moments, prayer of sacred love-
 bring me to know the presence of divine grace.
Encourage me beyond fear, hesitation, and doubt.
Lead me in the power of your Holy Spirit.
Focus my thoughts and actions
to be my loving response to your unending love.  Amen

EVENING

     Father of drafty chill and quiet stillness,
I think of the day just lived. I focus upon my love for you
and seek to understand how well I have loved others through this day.
Challenge me, awaken me, encourage me,
that I know myself and open who I am to love all bravely. Amen

Questions for Day that has Past 
It is important to reflect upon our day and where
we may be more present in our faith and expressive in sharing God’s grace.
These questions are in response to what God begins within us.
God is the force we respond to.
God is first. We live in response to his love given through Christ.

Did I love God in prayer with thankfulness and openness?
How will I love God more tomorrow?
Did I love others and share the beauty of God?
Was I generous with my time and resources?
Did I grow in faith?
Did I grow in love for God and others today?
Did I extend the forgiveness of Christ that I desire to receive?
Did I take time to appreciate all God has provided?
Did I love God through creative praise?

ABIDING IN THE SPIRIT*

BENEDICTION
     Wind of rattling pane and billowy cold,
stay from my heart. For I am warmed by the Lord of light and warmth of love.
I enfold my spirit within divine grace and pray
to the God of mercy and compassion.
take from me the darkness of my thoughts and actions.
Bring to me dreams of pillow softness and blanket warmth
That I may awaken in pure love to you my Lord. Amen










 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home