Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Pinky Swear

August 5th-12th

Morning
PRAYER
Father of promise, of possibilities, of glory, I gather myself to enter your presence of peace and Spirit. Guide my understandings, my actions, my devotions to center away from myself and upon you. You are my light, my breath, my soul drenched in your grace. I seek to blossom in your Word and love. Amen

Readings for Reflection
Use an additional resource like the Upper Room or any devotionals you prefer.

Pinky Swear     John 6:24-35
This week I have been busy with our church’s Stay and Play lunch.
We provide lunch for the children as the school prepares for the start of classes and deep clean the cafeteria. We have been singing the song “Hymn of Promise” by Natalie Sleeth. It is a song of transformation and resurrection found through grace and Jesus Christ. With my mind on things childlike, I thought of our ideas of promises. Christ says we don’t believe because of the signs, but because he feeds us. Are our understandings of God still like this? Do we continue to make childish commitments to God in order to get what we want? Or have we grown in love to be those who in our love for God choose to provide what others need?

Daily Scripture Reading
You may also like Lectio Divina a focused reading and meditation of scripture.

Visio Divina
is a meditative/prayer practice that opens the heart and soul to connect with God through images.





What is the symbolism of this image?
What emotions does the image inspire in you?
What questions, understandings arise about God through this image?
What is God through the Holy Spirit revealing for you to do, act, respond?


Abiding in The Spirit
           * Find your quiet center, empty your mind, and be present to hear the voice of God. Color, write in a journal, listen to music, use prayer beads to help your focus. Concentrate upon what God is calling you to understand, change, make, explore


SENDING PRAYER
Father of life, my life guide my thoughts, actions, words. Lead me in grace to share your love. To accept all that comes in this day with hope, patience, and understanding. Strengthen me when I feel weak, encourage me through any fears or hesitancy. Lord let me know your presence and Spirit is always upon me that I may show others the path to your grace. Amen

Afternoon
Set a reminder to pray throughout the day. Embrace the breath of prayer, release your burdens, be thankful. Recall today’s readings, the Visio Divina and meditate upon them and how they are affecting your day

PRAYER
I pause in the busyness of this day, I wait in my tiredness, I ponder the day. I think of you Lord. I remember the day’s beginning. I center again on your purpose for me today. Amen

Evening
To grow in faith and understanding of God, ourselves, and others it helps to evaluate ourselves, hold ourselves accountable, challenge ourselves. In your personal growth in faith and Christian action evaluate how you lived in love of God, others, and self today.

Prayer              Scripture          Service                       Compassion
Worship           Forgiveness     Commitment   Repentance


Abiding in The Spirit*

PRAYER

The day and all it contained is fading into memory and shadow. How am I to realize all it has contained and seek to live in its power to transform me. Lord of sight open my heart to see within that which must be changed by your grace. Open my eyes to see all that is within my power to achieve your peace and justice. Lord fill me with your glorious Spirit and confidence in your grace to live assured of your love and forgiveness. For I desire only to live and become the person you need and desire. Lay upon me the rest of sleep, gentle and deep. As I rise again into new day and fresh light take me in your grace and form me into your servant. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home