Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Drawn By God

August 26th September 2th, 2018

Morning
PRAYER
Rising sun and warming air bring energy and light to this day of creation. Father of all I pray to you in my simplicity. Heal all my pain in mind, body and spirit. I seek your teaching That I may grow in greater love to you, neighbor, and self. I pray this knowledge so that I act to secure justice and peace for your people. Amen

Visio Divina
is a meditative/prayer practice that opens the heart and soul to connect with God through images






What would you like God to erase in your life?
How is God redrawing you in love to love?
Do you feel drawn to God, to learn, pray, connect?
What has God drawn you to or has God drawn you
away from something?

Readings for Reflection
Use an additional resource like the Upper Room or any devotionals you prefer.

Drawn by God  John 6: 41-55

      Our language is quirky. We have words that sound the same but are spelled differently with different meanings: to, two, too or there, their, or they’re. Words that sound and are spelled the same with different meanings are called homonyms. In John 6:44 (NKJV) Jesus says, “No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him;”. Draws is a homonym. Is it draws like a picture, or draws water from a well with a pitcher? Hmmm.
    God draws our attention through his grace. As God draws us forth, he continues to erase and redraw us into the vision he has for us. Part of this revision is understanding Jesus as what we need to live. He is the spiritual food, and redeeming life given through his life, sacrifice and victory through his resurrection. This revision can only come through grace and is only sustained through our humility to God and living in love with others. This response to grace is living as Christ taught us.
     So, I guess we are drawn to be drawn to God. Ann

Daily Scripture Reading
You may also like Lectio Divina a focused reading and meditation of scripture.


Abiding in The Spirit

           * Find your quiet center, empty your mind, and be present to hear the voice of God. Color, write in a journal, listen to music, use prayer beads to help your focus. Concentrate upon what God is calling you to understand, change, make, explore

Virtues to Live by
Consider what you can do to live out each virtue this week. How will you  love God, neighbor, self more each day?

LOVE GOD,                LOVE NEIGHBOR
HUMILITY                  SELF- CONTROL
GENTLENESS             GRATITUDE

Humility is understanding our need for God, grace, love, community.
It is the letting go of ego, and control and finding peace in acceptance and gratitude for the Love of God, Christ and Spirit

SENDING PRAYER
God, send me to do your will in all I say and do. Encourage my sight and understanding to see others in your compassion and mercy. Impart the words I need to share your love. Bless me in my day to be the aroma of grace. Amen

Afternoon
Set a reminder to pray throughout the day. Embrace the breath of prayer, release your burdens, be thankful. Recall today’s readings, the Visio Divina and meditate upon them and how they are affecting your day

PRAYER
I rest in the thought of my love, the God of life, grace, and redemption. I relax in the peace of my knowing within his joy and liberation. I pause to remember my path in love and correct my day so that I may live in constant praise to the Lord of All. Amen

Evening
To grow in faith and understanding of God, ourselves, and others it helps to evaluate ourselves, hold ourselves accountable, challenge ourselves. In your personal growth in faith and Christian action evaluate how you lived in love of God, others, and self today.

Prayer              Scripture          Service                       Compassion
Worship           Forgiveness     Commitment   Repentance

Abiding in The Spirit*

PRAYER

The light recedes, and the crickets take up their praise to you. I too take this time to praise you for all this day contained. I praise you for life, love, grace, your presence, your power, and your generosity. I praise your forgiveness and seek to grow in my forgiveness and love through your Word and Spirit. Guide my dreams and bring only beauty and peace as my dust and spirit rest. In the vulnerability of sleep, I leave myself in your grace so that in the rising sun of tomorrow’s beginnings I may grow in my love for you and others. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home