Friday, March 30, 2018

April 1st-April 8th

Devotional Guide  
April 1-8th




VISIO DIVINA 
is meditative/prayer practice that opens the heart and soul to connect with God through images.

As you look at this image contemplate how this scripture speaks to you.
How does this image convey God’s power?
How does this scene contrast with the scene of Good Friday?
What do the soldiers represent to you?
Does the use of light bring meaning to you?

PRAYER

MORNING
Lord your light takes hold over the night and life awakens to your touch. 
The wrappings of my deaths have been removed 
and I awaken to life, grace, and beauty. 
The breath I take is sweeter in my knowledge of your love,
oh, savior of my heart lead me.


READINGS FOR REFLECTION
Use an additional resource like the Upper Room or any devotionals you prefer.

For Easter Day
You had not imagined
that something so empty
could fill you to overflowing,
and now you carry
the knowledge
like an awful treasure
or like a child that curls itself
within your heart:
how the emptiness
will bear forth a new world
you cannot fathom
but on whose edge you stand.
So why do you linger?
You have seen, and so you are
already blessed.
You have been seen, and so you are
the blessing.
There is no other word you need.
There is simply to go
and tell.
There is simply
to begin.


DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
You may also like Lectio Divina a focused reading and meditation of scripture. 
Virtues to Guide Your Week
Consider what you can do to live out each virtue this week. How can you love your neighbor? 
How will you deny yourself? How will you be thankful?


love of God- Sunday                 
love of neighbor -Monday         
humility -Tuesday                     
self-denial -Wednesday and Friday
resignation and meekness -  Thursday
and thanksgiving - Saturday  Heitzenrater, Richard P. (2013-08-20). Wesley and the People Called Methodists

ABIDING IN THE SPIRIT
           * Find your quiet center, empty your mind, and be present to hear the voice of God. Color, write in a journal, listen to music, use prayer beads to help your focus. Concentrate upon what God is calling you to understand, change, make, explore…...

SENDING PRAYER
My Lord of life, lead me forth to live in the joy of your grace. Inspire my heart to embrace every blessing you give. Inspire my actions to be immersed in love. Inspire my words to inspire others to know and live in your grace. Amen

DAYTIME
Set a reminder to pray throughout the day. Embrace the breath of prayer, release your burdens, be thankful. Recall today’s readings, the Visio Divina and meditate upon themand how they are leading you in this day. What is God placing upon your heart?

PRAYER
I pause to know and remember my God. I stop to recount the beginnings of this day. 
My knowledge of your love and power. I halt in my waywardness to restart in grace and love. 
I focus on the truth and begin again in faith. Amen

EVENING

Questions for Day that has Past 
It is important to reflect upon our day and where we may be more present in our
faith and more expressive in sharing what we know of God’s grace with others.
These questions are in response to what God begins within us.
God is the force to which we respond. We live in response
to his love given through Christ.


Did I grow in my disciplines to prayer, scripture, and devotion to God?
Did I in some way put God and others before myself in how I lived today?
Did I live out the virtue of this day?
Did I love better today?
What do I regret today?
What will be my goal for tomorrow?

ABIDING IN THE SPIRIT*

PRAYER
As this day begins to fade into a tomorrow and the gloaming
calms the day I come before you, my God. I come in my awe and wonder to your love, power, and creation. I come in my shame to the moments of my dust. I seek, those moments of regret to be gone and only the beauty of new life to burst forth. Take from me the useless torments, and empty concerns and focus my mind and heart upon your power and love. Lead me into sleep and dreams of glory and goodness, so that I may awaken to live renewed in purpose and devotion to you, my God. Amen


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home