Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Dedicated

September 2nd-9th, 2018

Morning
PRAYER
Lord your mysteries surround me. I am in awe of your splendor, your grace, your love. I receive in my depths your gifts despite my worth, or desire. I wonder of this day ahead. The adventure it hold within its hours. I seek to awaken into grace, be healed, and rewritten. Inspire the writing of this day to be of beauty and strength. Amen

Visio Divina
is a meditative/prayer practice that opens the heart and soul to connect with God through images


http://www.stockphotos.ro/dirty-hand-image2751266.html



Labor Day celebrates the American worker. On this Sabbath, we recognize the One who labored without hesitation. Christ did the work on behalf that we may be free to live in grace. This week contemplate your work and how you dedicate yourself to God in how you fulfill your responsibilities.
Is your work a reflection of your faith?
Do you draw a separation between work and faith? Why?

Readings for Reflection
Use an additional resource like the Upper Room or any devotionals you prefer.

Dedicated   John 17: 1-5

      1After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

In our minds and our society, we earn only that which we work for. It is the contract of our society. Grace is different. Grace, we receive because of the work Christ accomplished. Work of great pain and sacrifice. As we live in grace our work is in response to Christ’s work in the world and in us through the Spirit. We then live in praise. Offering all we do as love to God. It doesn’t matter what it is. It doesn’t matter how society views our labors. It matters only that we offer how we work as a response to Christ’s work for us. We do our best given each day and strive to improve. How we labor and interact in the work place is our witness to grace and love. We are dedicated to working for God in praise and thanksgiving to Christ whose work saves us. Amen

Daily Scripture Reading
You may also like Lectio Divina a focused reading and meditation of scripture.

Abiding in The Spirit

           * Find your quiet center, empty your mind, and be present to hear the voice of God. Color, write in a journal, listen to music, use prayer beads to help your focus. Concentrate upon what God is calling you to understand, change, make, explore

Virtues to Live by
Consider what you can do to live out each virtue this week. How will you  love God, neighbor, self more each day?

LOVE GOD,                LOVE NEIGHBOR
HUMILITY                  SELF- CONTROL
GENTLENESS             GRATITUDE

Humility is understanding our need for God, grace, love, community.
It is the letting go of ego, and control and finding peace in acceptance and gratitude for the Love of God, Christ and Spirit



SENDING PRAYER
Father direct my hands, my words, my thoughts, my intentions. Let my work be a praise of you. Let my day be full of appreciation and worship of you, Christ, Spirit. Let grace abide through me. Amen

Afternoon
Set a reminder to pray throughout the day. Embrace the breath of prayer, release your burdens, be thankful. Recall today’s readings, the Visio Divina and meditate upon them and how they are affecting your day

PRAYER
I pause.
I breathe.
I pray in thanksgiving, for guidance, for strength. Amen

Evening
To grow in faith and understanding of God, ourselves, and others it helps to evaluate ourselves, hold ourselves accountable, challenge ourselves. In your personal growth in faith and Christian action evaluate how you lived in love of God, others, and self today.

Prayer              Scripture          Service                       Compassion
Worship           Forgiveness     Commitment   Repentance

Abiding in The Spirit*

PRAYER

The setting of the light behind the earth brings the night alive. The creatures of the dark awaken to feed, and work. The land beyond awakens into their day to feed, and work. Your cycle Lord of light and darkness, life and death continues. I seek to be alive in grace and grieve all that I have done. I seek death for my failures and cruelties. My priorities and perspectives. I seek life in the light of your love and rest in the velvet shadow of night. I praise you with the breath of dreams and sleep. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home