Tuesday, October 9, 2018

The Magic Slate

October 7-14th, 2018

Morning
PRAYER
I awake to the morning with all the possibilities it contains. I seek you Lord in my possibilities and choices. Guide me in my prayers to hear you, trust in you, love you. Help me to understand your Word for my day and how to grow in love. Calm my heart, heal my soul, reveal your love. Amen

Visio Divina
is a meditative/prayer practice that opens the heart and soul to connect with God through images




As you view this splatter think of how it resonates within you.
What does it represent to you? Think about how to remove any stains upon your soul. Pray to God for forgiveness.

Readings for Reflection
Use an additional resource like the Upper Room or any devotionals you prefer.

The Magic Slate

Do you remember those wax boards covered in a wax paper? You could draw and write on them and then lift the paper to remove your mistakes. I was surprised that it is hard to find them. A good one on the cheap anyway. This type of writing pad has been around for thousands of years. the writing was done in Clay or  wax with a stylus and then smoothed when lessons were over. Now we have magnetic ones and electronic ones. But there was something “magical” about the magic slate. There was something satisfying about lifting that paper and hearing the release from the wax and having a clean slate. The kids today have scratch-off boards. we used to make those too. We would color a paper with crayons and paint it black. Then scratch the paint a way to reveal the colors underneath. Both these toys remind me of the grace and love of God known through Jesus. It is Christ that can remove any stain, clear the slate, and scratch off the darkness to reveal our colors. Ann
Daily Scripture Reading
You may also like Lectio Divina a focused reading and meditation of scripture.


Abiding in The Spirit
           * Find your quiet center, empty your mind, and be present to hear the voice of God. Color, write in a journal, listen to music, use prayer beads to help your focus. Concentrate upon what God is calling you to understand, change, make, explore
Prayers of Intercession
pray for those who are upon your heart. Lift them up to God and his mercy, compassion, and love.
Virtues to Live by
Consider what you can do to live out each virtue this week. How will you  love God, neighbor, self more each day?

LOVE GOD,                LOVE NEIGHBOR     HUMILITY
SELF- CONTROL         GENTLENESS             GRATITUDE


SENDING PRAYER
Father of rustling corn and gray skies, creator of autumn color and bountiful harvest guide me as I leave this time of special presence. Set me on a path of love and sacrifice choosing you and love before all other things. Let me always err on the side of grace and love. Amen

Afternoon
Set a reminder to pray throughout the day. Embrace the breath of prayer, release your burdens, be thankful. Recall today’s readings, the Visio Divina and meditate upon them and how they are affecting your day

PRAYER
Father of time, strength, will, and purpose, I pause to rest in your presence. I abide in prayer to know your love and power and to be reset on the possibilities for this day. Bring to my heart my promises to love and serve and embolden my words and actions to live that promise. Amen

Evening
To grow in faith and understanding of God, ourselves, and others it helps to evaluate ourselves, hold ourselves accountable, challenge ourselves. In your personal growth in faith and Christian action evaluate how you lived in love of God, others, and self today.

Prayer              Scripture          Service                       Compassion
Worship           Forgiveness     Commitment   Repentance

Abiding in The Spirit*
PRAYER


Evening love falls upon the earth as a flannel blanket darkens the day to dusky night. The day past rest upon me in weariness to sleep. I think of all the day contained and contemplate where I was love and where I was not. Forgive my lapses and think only of those moments I was in your grace. I pray the sleep you provide brings beauty and strength that peace may begin my day as the rise of grace lights the world. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home